About the role
You will be part of a small, friendly team providing comprehensive support to a varied portfolio of clients. As well as having a Supervisor who will mentor you, you will benefit from training and guidance provided by all your experienced team members.
We will support you in your AAT studies and, once you become L4 qualified, there may be an opportunity for you to move to our parent company Simmons Gainsford should you wish to progress further in your career either by becoming a qualified chartered accountant or a tax advisor.
To apply, please click the button below and send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Please note: Flexibility on working hours in peak times will be required.
- Input and review data
- Review and maintain sales, purchase and general ledgers
- Post and review month end journals
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns (in your second year with us)
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travel to and work from client sites
- Prepare management accounts (this will be in the final year of AAT)
- Complete each assignment before passing to the manager/senior bookkeeper for review
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client’s expectations
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
Skills and experience
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills (GCSE
Maths and English grades 5 to 9)
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excel knowledge